Life as a plus size woman with wide calves can be tricky, especially when it comes to shopping for Wide Calf Boots. All that you know is that you have wide calves and boots tend not to fit. Well, no worries! Hopefully this little guide about a few Places to Shop for Wide Calf Boots will help you out!
What I have done is roundup a few places that you can shop for your fabulously full calves that still give you FASHION along with my wishlist of 9 favorites.
To ensure you have the best fit, you must note:
- Wide Calf: 16 to 18 ¼” boot
- Extra Wide Calf: 17 ½ to a 20” boot
- Super Wide Calf: 18 to 21” boot
9 Place to Shop for Wide Calf Boots
This sample sale and discount retailer offers sooo many options seasonally and at great deals too!
I just wrote about this Boot Brand- especially for over the knee options. DUO Boots delivers wide calf boots up to a 50 cm (roughly 19.6 inches) and shoes sizes up to a 12/ UK 43! The site is stuffed with trends, tips, and fashions with free shipping over $250!
Available in size 6-12, Evans offers a classic silhouette and arrangement of wide calf boots up to around 19 inches with some bigger and smaller than that. Their newly launched range is definitely worth checking out.
Newly launched wide calf selection offers all boots at either $59 or $39 (if you are a member!) starting at a size 16″ shaft, there are quite a few fashionable options that will NOT hurt the wallet! You must check them out.
I don’t know the last time you checked out Lane Bryant and their shoe selection but they have boots up to a 19 inch shaft and size 11 or 12s and a few pair of cute over the knee options as well as some ankle booties worth checking out.
One of my favorites Nordstrom now includes wide calf and wide width shoe offerings and with a decent range too! Most of my faves are from here! Up to a sizes 13 in various brands and various fits, fashion forward options are available to whet your appetite.
Purple boots, a variety of widths and calf sizes, you will find fashionable options for you! Up to a calf width of 24 inches in various shoe sizes and widths, options is KEY here!
Patent Thigh High Boots? Whoa, you will find them here. Up to sizes 13 and up to a size 22 inch calf, you will find edgy options, bold cuts, and playful options here for you!
I went over to the site and was surprised of the options, especially since WideWidths go up to a size 13ww and offer boots up to a calf size of 20”and higher in selected sizes! Classic and fashion forward options here!
Wide Calf Boot Boot Shopping Tips:
- Know that the standard for most boots is about a 15” so if you are looking for boots, use this as your guide!
- Measure your calf at its widest point- And measure both calves too! If the difference is more than half an inch, go up an inch!
- If you want to be able to wear your jeans tucked in, take this into account when shopping!
- Measure from your heel to height desired to determine how high you want them to go!
- Quality is key. The worst thing to do is hunt down a pair of boots only for them to fall apart after one season! I suggest that you invest in them, since you will more than likely be rocking them all season long and beyond! I have boots from five years ago! I love them and live for them!
- Are you petite, plus size, and have wide calves? WideWidths.com breaks this down quite nicely!
- Okay, so I hope this helps you out! A great place to start while shopping and options to whet your fashion appetite?!?
What do you think? Did this help? Did I miss a favorite shopping place of yours?